00Awestruck Dental offers two versions of The JawDropper:
- The JawDropper Assist: The JawDropper Assist is a device held by the patient that stretches and relaxes the jaw muscles, keeping the mouth open wider for longer periods of time. The JawDropper Assist includes a tooth-engaging section on one end that is placed over the lower incisors, and a comfortable handle on the other end that allows the patient to exert downward traction to help open and relax the jaw muscles.
- The JawDropper Evacuator: The JawDropper Evacuator is a device held by the patient that stretches and relaxes the jaw muscles, keeping the mouth open wider and longer while seamlessly evacuating fluids. The JawDropper Evacuator includes a tooth-engaging section on one end that is attached to soft, pliable tubing equipped with openings for fluid evacuation. The other end of the device features a comfortable handle that allows the patient to exert downward traction to help open and relax the jaw muscles.
The JawDropper Assist: The patient places The JawDropper Assist over their lower incisors and exerts minimal downward traction to stretch and relax their jaw. By stretching and relaxing the jaw muscles, the patient can maintain a wider opening of the mouth for a longer period of time.
- Click here to watch how The JawDropper works with the bio-mechanics of the jaw
The JawDropper Evacuator: The patient/hygienist positions the suction tubing in a comfortable and effective location at the back molars and then places the tooth engaging end of the device on the lower incisors. The patient then exerts minimal downward traction to stretch and relax their jaw. By stretching and relaxing the jaw muscles, the patient can maintain a wider opening of the mouth for a longer period of time. The JawDropper also features hands-free fluid evacuation, and with minimal patient engagement, anxiety levels during dental procedures are lessened.
Yes! Of course. There have been no adverse use reports in over 40,000 units used to date. The JawDropper is made from medical grade material that is free of contaminants and harmful substances. We recommend 1) a brief examination before using to document normal lower teeth and 2) positioning The JawDropper so that the traction is in the same general direction as the vertical axis of the tooth.
The JawDropper Evacuator was designed specifically to be a “third hand” desperately needed by so many hygienists utilizing ultra-sonic scaling. The new fluid evacuation tubing sits perfectly in the mouth, stays in place and evacuates fluids without having to take breaks. The JawDropper Evacuator is perfect for ultra-sonic scaling!
No. The JawDropper is a disposable and single use device.
No! A combination of large suction ports spread over a large area and a flexible suction tube prevent tissue grabbing and creates a comfortable experience for the patient and the provider. Along with the superior flow rate, it is the “ultimate” evacuator.
Absolutely! Both versions of The JawDropper were designed to be minimally invasive that comfortably helps maintain a wider opening of the mouth for a longer period of time.
Yes! And painlessly for the patient. Stretching of muscles elsewhere in the body elongates and relaxes them. Same for the jaw muscles. No more having to say “open please”!
- For hygienists who use ultrasonic scaling and for any restorative procedure in which excess fluid is problematic, there is no question that the Evacuator is the choice.
- When fluid is not an issue, the Assist performs very adequately at keeping the mouth open wider, longer, and more comfortably.
The exact percentage depends on your practice, but in a typical dental or hygiene practice, MOST of your patients will experience a significantly improved dental visit experience, not only from the diminished jaw discomfort but also from being engaged in the procedure which tends to relax them. You can determine this in three easy steps:
- Explain it
- Use it
- Ask the patient for feedback [then mark in their chart whether or not The JawDropper should be used next visit]
The number of practices using The JawDropper grows everyday. At the end of 2015, six months after introducing The JawDropper at CDA Anaheim 2015, over 600 practices have used The JawDropper in over 42 different states plus Canada and New Zealand.
Through studies we have found that 93% of patients that used The JawDropper said that they preferred using The JawDropper to other mouth prop devices, and 82% of hygienists felt the device was VERY effective. Below are some direct quotes from RDH’s and patients:
- “[The JawDropper] was able to get the saliva and water out of the patient’s mouth without me having to actually stop what I’m doing and pick up my suction” ~ RDH
- “My jaw feels much more relaxed now after using [The JawDropper]” ~ Patient
- “I wasn’t fighting the constant need to close my jaw” ~ Patient
Click here to view our testimonials.
There are two major reasons why The JawDropper will help you become more efficient:
- Hygiene procedures almost universally include the words, “open please”…”open a little wider”…”let’s take a break,” or some version of this that all relates to the patient needing to take a break due to not being able to keep their mouth open, or needing to evacuate excess fluids in their mouth mid-procedure. The JawDropper comfortably creates a wider opening for longer periods of time by stretching and relaxing the jaw muscles. See how The JawDropper works with the bio-mechanics of the jaw in this video.
- Specific to The JawDropper Evacuator, ultra-sonic scaling is a major part of every dental practice today, but this process requires superior fluid evacuation. With one hand on the scaler and one hand on the mirror…fluid evacuation is a challenge. The JawDropper acts like a third hand making you more efficient.
We have found that best way to start using The JawDropper is to introduce it into your hygiene department. By starting in the hygiene department, you will get a broad exposure to a variety of patients. In addition, over the course of the month, all of the hygienists will have an opportunity to evaluate the product. This will not only keep your initial investment into the product very low, but will add value into the practice immediately. To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Assess what your monthly number of hygiene procedures will be across all of your hygienists.
- Go to the orders page and place your order in increments of 50 JawDroppers.
- When your order arrives, be sure to watch the following videos:
- Use The JawDropper with every hygiene appointment you can. As you become more comfortable with having an extra hand and explaining the product to your patients…you will become more efficient and your patients will be more comfortable.
- Re-order a 6-month supply or more and continue using The JawDropper.
- As the hygiene department becomes proficient with using The JawDropper, try integrating The JawDropper into other procedures with the dentist and/or the dental assistants.
We do not have a free sample program for a few reasons. First, the shipping costs more than the product. Second, we have found single samples are NOT an effective way of evaluating the product. The JawDropper really should be evaluated over a number of patients to realize the potential of the device.
That said…we offer a 100% money back guarantee on the trial of The JawDropper. We ask that you order a minimum quantity of 50 Jawdroppers, try them with a number of patients and procedures and if you are not happy with the results…we will refund 100% of your purchase. The only fine print on the refund is that you complete a simple online survey of 5 questions. That’s it…pretty simple.
You can order from www.TheJawDropper.com/shop/ or from a Patterson Dental representative, whichever is most convenient for you.